CREATING POSITIVE CHANGE
We all have seen leaders who lose vision and worse yet we all have seen people put into a leadership with role who have no vision so lead in anger.
This outline was created from chapter Four (4) of John Maxwell’s book, Developing The Leader Within You,” Get the book and read it. It is going to be one of the best books on developing yourself as a leader.
Change the leader, change the organization. Everything rises and falls on leadership!
I. PROFILE OF A LEADER IN TROUBLE
A. Notice that of the 12 trouble spots for a leader listed below, five (5) deal with an unwillingness to change and that spells trouble for the organization.
1. Has a poor understanding of people.
2. Lacks imagination.
3. Has personal problems.
4. Passes the buck.
5. Feels secure and satisfied.
6. Is not organized.
7. Flies into rages.
8. Will not take a risk.
9. It is insecure and defensive.
10. Stays in flexible.
11. Has no team spirit.
12. Fights change.
B. The first order of things to be changed is me, the leader.
1. After I consider how hard it is to change myself,
2. Then I will understand the challenge of trying to change others.
3. This is the ultimate test of leadership.
4. Effective teaching comes only through a changed person.
If this is you and you know you need to change, read our section on: